Mini grasshopper brownie delights recipe is below more can be found here: http://deliciouslyyum.com/mini-grasshopper-brownie-delights/ Visit here to learn more about this scrumptious dessert.
For the Mini Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix (plus ingredients listed on the box)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup Andes mint chocolates, chopped into pieces
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- milk, if needed
- green food coloring, optional
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1-2 teaspoons canola oil
- Andes mint chocolates, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a (24) mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- 1. Prepare brownie mix according to directions. Mix in peppermint extract and 1/2 cup chopped mint chocolates.
- Fill mini muffin pan with the brownie batter (filling each cup almost all the way). Place in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until brownies are set. Remove from the oven and let mini brownies cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the muffin tin. Let them cool completely on wire racks.
- 2. Once mini brownies have cooled, prepare the frosting. Cream together butter, peppermint extract, and confectioner’s sugar until smooth. Add some milk if frosting appears to be too thick and is not easily spreadable. Dye frosting with desired amount of food coloring.
- Using a spoon, spread about 1-2 tablespoons of frosting onto each brownie.
- 3. In a heatproof bowl, melt dark chocolate in 30-second increments in the microwave. Add 1-2 teaspoons of oil (you just want to add enough oil to loosen up the chocolate so it’s easier to spread and doesn’t crack when you bite into it, but you don’t want it to be too runny). Using another spoon, spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate over the mint frosting. Garnish with mint chocolate pieces. Place delights into the fridge to set for about 15 minutes or until ready to serve.