Twix Chocolate Cookie
The full Twix Chocolate can be found here: http://deliciouslyyum.com/twix-cookies/
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk or dark chocolate, plus 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 (11 oz) bag caramel bits, plus 2 tablespoons water
- Twix candy bars, chopped up
- 1. Sift together flour and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat butter until fluffy (about 1 minute). Add sugar and mix until incorporated. Add vanilla and stir until combined. Gently stir in flour mixture and stir until a smooth dough forms. Shape dough into a disk and wrap in clear wrap. Place in the fridge for one hour or until ready to use.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll out dough until 1/4 inch thick. Using a round cookie cutter, cut out circles and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Pace baking sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes before baking. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookie edges are lightly browned. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Melt caramel bits and water in a small saucepan or with the help of your microwave in a heatproof bowl in 30 second intervals. Being very careful not to burn the caramel – stir frequently!Using a spoon, drizzle enough caramel to cover the surface of each cookie.
- 4. Finally, melt chocolate and oil in a heatproof bowl in the microwave in 30 second intervals until fully melted or with the help of a double boiler. Using another spoon, drizzle desired amount of chocolate over the caramel and sprinkle with Twix pieces. Let cookies sit for 30 minutes or until set on the counter or place finished cookies in the fridge for 15 minutes to speed up the setting period. Enjoy!